Am 10.04.20 um 21:54 schrieb Bob Pdml:

now that I think of it, I’m sure I used some sort of hinged frame with glass in
at one time.

Probably the ubiquitous Paterson contact printer:

https://www.macodirect.de/en/darkroom/paper-developing/masking-contact-printing-frames/5871/paterson-proof-printer-contact-printing-frame-for-35mm-negatives

To use one of these for scanning, you would of course have to remove the
base and place the top on a lightbox.

Another one which I have used with various flatbed scanners was the Jobo
6835 contact printer. That one was glassless and had slots for the film
strips.

I should be having both in my basement lab but what used to be my
beautiful lab...

https://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com/2015/07/die-gute-alte-zeit.html

has become a dump for all kinds of stuff and since we've had to clear
out my mother's flat when she went to live in an old peoples' home, I
can't even get inside any more and have to send Michael down whenever I
need something from there.

Come to think of it, there should even be a repro stand, but no-one
knows where... *sigh*

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com