That's a very interesting approach, Bob! I'll be interested to see what kind of
results you get from it.

I have a similar device for my Minox 8x11 and 35GT-E cameras. I hadn't thought
of adapting the device to one of my digital cameras for use scanning sheets of
negatives.

I do have the Leica BEOON … essentially a small, dedicated copystand for Leica
M with extension rings enabling you to use a 50mm lens and capture 1:1, 1:1.5,
1:2, and 1:3 sized negatives (or positives) with a 50mm lens. It works
remarkably well with a Summicron-M 50mm or Color Skopar 50mm lens, stopped down
to f/11, and includes a focusing viewfinder (because it presumes a Leica M or
LTM body without TTL viewing). I've used it on a number of negative captures,
adapted to Sony A7, Leica M-P, and Leica M-D bodies and it does a very nice
job. Hmm: I should try it for singleton captures of 35mm film frames using the
CL body at the 1:1.5 magnification setting. It might crop a little on a 35mm
negative or slide. It'll be a fun exercise.