Cornwall is a duchy. Owned by Prince Charles. It has never been an independent
country, but the people are essentially descended from the pre-Anglo-Saxon
population and related to other populations from the so-called Celtic fringe -
the Atlantic seaboard. One of my brothers lives in Cornwall. Some of his
Cornish friends are fiercely anti-English, but apparently not enough to learn
the Cornish language, which seems to be dying out. A part of Brittany is called
Cornouaille and was settled by people from Cornwall - many of the place names
are very obviously from the same language. The Cornish and Breton flags are
very similar, if not identical.

Boris is playing brinkmanship with the EU. I’d say the chances of him still
being PM this time next year are pretty slim.