This morning I tried starting up lightroom from another account on my computer,
and it worked.

I had to piff pretty much everything except the the lrcat file
including the SLCache and SLStore files in /Library/Application
support/Adobe/Lightroom
start it up, enter my serial number, then enter the serial number of a previous
version, the warning message is really obtuse about that

if you start facial recognition in anything, the next time adobe starts it will
start in facial recognition mode and immediately crash.

At least I can access my existing files, time to start checking out darktable
and dxo

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com