Same here. Using Bridge, I know where the photos are.

Lightroom's "catalog" didn't want to use the storage organization scheme I'd already come up with, while Bridge was fine with doing it my way.

In a pinch, I can find the photo I want without actually having to start PHotoshop or Bridge. Irfanview has a plug-in for PEF & DNG files, as does FastStone Image Viewer.

I'm still using Photoshop CS6-Extended Edition, the last version that really did have a "perpetual license".