>From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Eclipse Photo

>There is a great photo of this week's eclipse on today's Astonomy Picture of
>the Day:

>http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

That is a brilliant photo!
Wish I'd got to see it :-(
There are a couple of good ones in the Spaceweather gallery too
http://science.nasa.gov/spaceweather/eclipses/gallery_10june02.html

One thing that puzzles me; The picture of the day in Daniels's link looks like it was
taken normally without any filters - otherwise how else would the golden gate bridge
appear on the photo? I thought that this was an absolute no-no and dangerous to the
eyes to do this. Obviously I must be mistaken. Also a few of the other photos I have
seen also appear to have been taken without filters. Are there any solar eclipse
photographers on the list? How do you do it?

Wendy
----
wendy beard
ottawa, canada