----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Pentax lenses vs. the world?

> Guys: Face the facts. How many of us shoot for top notch
magazines that use
> art directors that would notice the difference. Maybe there's
a little bit of
> splitting hairs here. I know the art directors where I work
would never
> notice such a minute difference in the look of pictures, and
by the time it
> came out in print, any minute difference would not be noticed
anyway..

Don't know the answer to that Vic, you asked for a reason why a
person would want or need to use lenses from one family, and you
got one.

This sort of thing was important to every AD I worked with, to
the point where sometimes they would not want lens changes at
all within a job. Minute differences have a way of becoming very
noticable differences between the light table and the delivery
end of the printing press. Mind you, I was shooting fashion and
jewelry, a genre where anal retentiveness reigns supreme.

For some people, professional or not, it is important that there
is some colour consistency and general "look" from lens to lens,
or even from format to format within their lens kit.
Others don't care or even consider the difference.

William Robb