Hi,

it's not just noticeable to art directors etc. I've posted on this
matter several times over the last couple of years. When I was
shooting exclusively Pentax gear my lenses were all Pentax, but from
different series: K, M, A and A*, and looking at my slides on the
lightbox, as well as projected, it was very clear on side-by-side
comparisons that they had different colour balances and characteristics.
It became even more evident when I got all the Carl Zeiss MM lenses -
the consistent look and characteristics across the range was very noticeable
indeed.

This may not matter very much from day to day or in the grand scheme
of things, but if you are shooting a photo essay it is very discordant
to be looking at pictures with a common theme, but a different look -
particularly if it's just slightly different. One the other hand,
having a consistent look is one way of tying the whole thing together
and making your presentations look professional.

Similar considerations apply to differences in film stock.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]