I've been using that, actually..  .. but it is annoying to extract the card from my little purse.

I talked to more bank people.. TD bank has a policy of a fixed amount of $100 as a cap on contactless usage and it can neither be lowered or raised on an individual basis - but of course will fight any unauthorized buys.  Discover won't remove the feature and has no limit on how much you can spend but
assures challenging any purchases for you that you did not make.

as I said -- excuse to shop for a new holder..

ann