On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 03:54:15PM -0500, coll...@brendemuehl.net wrote:

Ya, ya, I know it?s been done a million times.\
But I wanted to add a comparative twist to it.

What has been your

(a) Favorite 35mm camera\
(b) The sharpest 35mm you ever used\
(c) Why you stuck with Pentax

(a) K1000 - all-manual all the time and it's never let me down.
(b) My boring ol' M 50/1.4
(c) I started college with a K1000 my dad bought used.  That got stolen while
on loan to a friend after college and I didn't really shoot much for a long
time, when I did it was with the digital point-and-shoots my employer provided
for documenting stuff at work.  When my dad passed away in 2011 I kept his K1000
and started shooting film again because I needed something to help maintain my
sanity, and I've been shooting it ever since.

Occasionally I covet a 67 because I like the 6x7 format (I crop a fair number of
my shots to that) and because I've heard such good things about the glass.  On
the other hand I shoot almost exclusively handheld and it sounds like it really
prefers to be on a tripod with the mirror locked up.

For me ?\
(a) Canon G-III QL17. Convenient and sharp. Easy to use.\
(b) Tie: Rollei 35 S (Planar) and Contax T2. But too valuable to hang onto.\
(c) K1000 was 1st SLR. Always enjoyed simplicity + durability. (Same reason
I?ve driven Chevy & Toyota)

Ditto on the Toyotas and Chevys.  :-)

Bruce N.
--
Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
(Lily Tomlin)