Yeah, I would expect that a new GPU would give you the most bang for your buck.

If you can upgrade the CPU without upgrading your MOBO, that would give a good
boost with less risk of finding out that your new mobo doesn't support some bus
that one of your old cards needs, or suchlike.

It would be very interesting if you could do some sort of benchmark before and
after each upgrade.  Have lightroom build a 12 frame HDR pano, and then do a
denoise on it.   Then do the same thing on the same files, each time you
upgrade.

I suspect that more memory would make more difference without the GPU, since
they often have their own memory.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com  sent from ret13est