I did a new build last year based on a Gigabyte Aorus MB and Aorus video card. I chose the MB because it supported 4 x M.2 cards on the MB which are significantly faster than anything going through the SATA buss. The only other card I attached to the MB is the video card, but there are many slots available for other stuff.

One thing that surprised me is that the system tests faster with less ram than I expected, and I ended up installing 64gb of ram instead of the 128gb that I had initially planned on.

Gigabyte does make some pretty snazzy gear. I did end up with liquid cooling on the advice of the guy who did the actual build.

So far I'm happy with what I ended up with.

bill