Cameron Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    What is the best system currently for backing up small amount of
>business stuff frequently (i.e. everyday). My girlfriends office was broken
>into, they stole the computer, and the secretary had not backed up anything
>in over a month. They need to back up daily about 10 - 20 K (yes, K!) of
>data. It seems rather wasteful to use cd's, and zip diskd are so notoriously
>unreliable that I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Haven't heard that. My S.O. and I both use ZIP disks all the time and have for
several years without a problem. I do my non-critical backups onto a ZIP (as a
magnetic medium, they're still vulnerable to damage from strong magnetic fields,
although that has never been a problem for me) and stuff that's either very
large or very important (or both) onto a CD. Blank CD's are so inexpensive in
bulk now it's hard to disqualify them on the basis of expense. Perhaps
re-writable CDs might be an option?

>Are tape drives still in use? Floppies?

I've found both of these less reliable media than ZIP disks, myself.

>Taking pictures of each screen with a K2 and
>a supertak 50mm f1.2 onto Kodachrome 25? Any suggestions...

Analog backup of digital information? I like it!

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com