Hi,

I have a PZ-1 that is eating up batteries (probably I use the flash
quite often and leave the camera on once in a while). The batteries
are quite expensive in this part of the world (approx 5 times the
cost of a Kodak 100 print film), and I get only 6-8 rolls out of one.

So I have decided to use 4-AA cells even if the whole contraption
becomes a little untidy and clumsy. I looked at the archives of the
list and found a few postings on this topic. Specifically saw that
Andreas Wirtz posted that the camera electronics will not work with
the amperage of the AA cells.

Has anyone made any attempts at using AA cells (alkaline or Ni-Cd)
with PZ-1? Would appreciate any pearls of wisdom that you guys might
offer me.

I plan to make a hole in the battery cover and take out leads to
connect to a battery holder through a "Berg" connector often found in
a electronics lab or computer equipment. Basically small male-female
connectors. Now the question is, how do I make proper contacts with
the camera terminals?

I plan to put tape the wires onto a used battery (with the battery
terminals themselves insulated with tape). Would that be secure enough?

Looking forward to your views and comments!

Thanks in advance,
Gaurav