----- Original Message -----
From: John Coyle
Subject: RE: New Limited Lenses?

> I don't see the point of going to Leica, where you're range of
focal
> lengths is basically limited to 35-135, I believe, and you are
going to
> shell out big bucks to get into the system at all.

I can see the point. Build quality and product support are very
important. Pentax doesn't want to offer support to owners of
cameras prior to the present MZ series. You can count on them
dropping support for the PZ series as soon as they legally can.
I have one LX, at the repair shop that may be unrepairable, due
to parts unavailability.

Leica offers real product support to their customers, and never
made a camera that required service every 1500 exposures.
William Robb