Having just returned from a field trip to France (uhm... not quite
anthropological, but your description is very close to what I did
there), I found that a tripod, 24/2.8, 50/1.7 and 135/3.5 was enough
for 99.9% of what I tried to shoot ("people, houses, interiors,
decorations, landscapes"). Ok, I have used 200/4 a few times. I had a
flash, but haven't neede it even once (since I had the tripod, and LX
sync is too slow to do daytime fill flash, at least too slow for me).

Now, the winder? Why?

Best,
Mishka

> From: Peter Smekal
> Subject: Lenses in the field
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:02:32 -0700
>
> Let's suppose you were preparing for an anthropological field trip to
> Greece. Besides observations and interviews you'd also like to do
some
> photo-documentation (people, houses, interiors, decorations,
> landscapes) but travel really light at the same time. You're taking
> an LX and a tripod.
> The question is what lenses would you take. 1) a "classic" set of old
> primes (24/2.8; 50/ 1.4 M; 85/2.0 M and maybe 135/3.5 M) or 2) the
> one zoom you own (35-105/3.5 A) or 3) some other combination from the

> previous?
> Flash or winder?
>

> Peter Smekal
> Uppsala, Sweden