On 13 Aug 2002 at 17:20, Peter Smekal wrote:

> Let's suppose you were preparing for an anthropological field trip to
> Greece. Besides observations and interviews you'd also like to do some
> photo-documentation (people, houses, interiors, decorations, landscapes)
> but travel really light at the same time. You're taking an LX and a tripod. The
> question is what lenses would you take. 1) a "classic" set of old primes
> (24/2.8; 50/ 1.4 M; 85/2.0 M and maybe 135/3.5 M) or 2) the one zoom you own
> (35-105/3.5 A) or 3) some other combination from the previous? Flash or winder?

Hi Peter,

I've come in late but I tend to agree with a few of the other listers. I'd
forget the zoom, winder, flash and 135mm and concentrate on fitting the other
prime lenses in a neat little kit. You will need to go wide and if you want to
capture the atmosphere inside houses or to use their natural light for candid
portraiture then the faster lenses will be of most benefit. As long as you are
prepared to swap films mid roll on occasion you'll be able to tackle a wide
range of shooting conditions. Good luck should the trip take place :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110