Chris, in doing aerial mapping work for 4 years, I learned a couple of
things.  Don't shoot anything slower than 1/500 and 1/1000 is even
better.  There is going to be a lot of vibration from the chopper and I
found the best thing to do was let my body absorb the vibration.  Try
not to lean on anything that will transfer vibration to the camera.
Also, use a haze filter.  There is a lot more haze there than you think
there is.  This is one of those instances where they really have a
purpose. I would just expose normally unless there was a lot of sky in
the picture.  Good luck.  It's a blast.

Ken

--
Kenneth Archer, San Antonio, Texas