Hi,

> the circumstances of taking the photo may have prevented any real sharpness
> being achieved (eg. Robert Capa's D-Day landing shots), but this does
> not detract from the impact.

to be a bit pedantic, the circumstances in which Capa took the photos
did not cause their unsharpness (although 'Life' subsequently claimed
this). It was a darkroom error that screwed them up.

The original post was about photos that are unsharp because of
poorer lens quality. I'd be interested to know of any specific
examples of photos which are unsharp for this reason alone which
wouldn't be better for being sharper.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]