Conventional non IF lenses ( What I like to call TRUE MACRO)
lenses ARE compromised at infinity. The article I just posted
states they are optimized at 1:10, which means infinity IS
compromised doesnt it???

> And in the case of the  A50 2.8, it has a floating element,
> probably to give
> good results over the whole distance range.

They are definately designed to give best possible performance
over a wide range of magnifications but as to whether they can
match a true macro at the true macros optimum designed magnification
is another matter. Sorta like the zoom vs. prime debate

JCO