In a message dated 9/12/02 9:51:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I think it would be foolhardy for Pentax to try and compete with Nikon and
Canon. What they need to do is regain the respect of the advanced amateur.
Let's face it, it's amateurs (not pros) who buy the majority of cameras.
They'll never get the pros anyway and they'll spend too much money trying.
They need to move the point and shooters into 35mm slrs or digital slrs and
they need to once again dominate the student market as they have done for so
long with the K1000.
They need to give advanced amateurs a useable camera that they can progress
to and they need to offer inexpensive optics for the majority of users and
fine quality lenses for the more serious users who can afford to buy them.
The only real missing link at this time is the digital camera. A K1000-like
bare bones digital camera would be a good starting point....

Vic

<< Ok.  This point I make only, I have seen many posts that Pentax cannot

compete with Nikon and Canon, like Minolta tried.  So do we or don't we want

Pentax to try?  I thought the majority position was no.  Then we should all

praise the MZ-S and embrace it :)

No hard feelings, I may have read your email wrong too.

Brad Dobo >>