On Saturday, September 21, 2002, at 01:26  PM, James Fellows wrote:

> I know this topic keeps coming up but I to metion what happened
> today.  I
> coach my 5 yeqr old's soccer team and today was picture day.  There were
> about 50 teams of 10 kids each and the photo outfit that was handling
> it had
> 4 stations setup.  One for team shoots and 3 induvidual player shots.
> It
> was a nice and efficent set up.  THe team photo was taken with a Nikon
> F5,
> no surprice there.  When I got my team in line line at the station for
> individual shots, the photographer was using a Pentax K-1000.  I do not
> know
> what the lens was but I found it intersiting to see it being used.
>
> Jim

While making small talk at a kid's birthday party a few weeks ago, one
of the parents was telling me about how great his new Nikon F5 was, he
also confided that he had recently inherited his late father-in-law's
K1000 and 50mm lens and, in lowered tones, was surprised that he could
get better pictures with it than with his new F5. Go figure.

Dan Scott