On 21 Sep 2002 at 14:26, James Fellows wrote:

> I know this topic keeps coming up but I to metion what happened today.  I
> coach my 5 yeqr old's soccer team and today was picture day.  There were
> about 50 teams of 10 kids each and the photo outfit that was handling it had 4
> stations setup.  One for team shoots and 3 induvidual player shots.  It was a
> nice and efficent set up.  THe team photo was taken with a Nikon F5, no surprice
> there.  When I got my team in line line at the station for individual shots, the
> photographer was using a Pentax K-1000.  I do not know what the lens was but I
> found it intersiting to see it being used.

Hi Jim,

If he truly wanted to produce a professional product he would have been using
at least a 645 for the group shots, an F5 is still 35mm no matter how many
frames per second it can shoot whist multi-point colour matrix metering :-)

Practically any quality 35mm camera especially fully manual could be used quite
successfully for the individual player shots however a winder of some sort
would be advantageous.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA