I was thinking of giving the Digital a miss...
I was reading a recent article in 'Australian Photography'
and it got me thinking, yes, Photography is going digital
but still has a way to go yet.

With the advent of photography, people said this would be
the end of artists. Yet many artists still survive using
techniques ages old and there has been quite a boon in
artistic supplies such as pre-stretched canvases etc.
It also occured to me that the 'paperless society' and
internet had not stopped me from purchasing a magazine.

So my thoughts have changed somewhat towards digital.
I know the pro's and cons and feel that many will
convert to digital, others will stay with film whatever
the digital quality may give. Photo Journalists will
be among the top buyers of digital I imagine.

Anywho, I was thinking perhaps I do not need to be
rid of my PENTAX equipment in favour of a digital
<insert brand here>. Infact I may be better off
to purchase a 645nII and leave the digital to the
PJ's and save a bundle on batteries.

So finally a 645nII question... or 2
How much do I stand to gain over 35mm with the MF
with regards to grain?
What sort of backs are available?

I know I can adapt my 35mm lens for use with the
645 but what range of lenses are available for
the 645 and how do they compare in price?

Kind regards
Kevin

Kevin Waterson
Byron Bay, Australia