As Bruce replied to my comment it would not affect any 'operating system'
of the camera(Hey if you dont know ask,right Bruce?)but to address your
comment Mark,i sometimes use my 128 meg cards to transfer files
between computers.I sometimes forget to delete and format.That may have
some sort of effect.???

Dave