The actual microprocessor was render inoperable and it was locked out with a
128bit code which was unbreakable by our software (some of which can
actually decode a winzip file, and if you know computers you know thats
pretty hard to do) There was no physical damage to the chip it was just
unable to function as a phone any longer.

Similar to the CIH virus which totaled 4 of my motherboards, if the base
code is jumbled then you can't re-programme the bios part of the chip. It
might work the same way with cameras, if the main processor isn't aware that
there is an incoming port then it wont accept new data.

Yes you can render a phone unuseable with a key sequence, but you can undo
it, the only way to reconfigure a chip though is to use ultaviolet rays. A
machine I do not have and cost versus buying a new phone dictated that

Its a pretty mean feat I think, considering that there are 640 million film
cameras
in use on earth I not really worried

> So what exactly was wiped by this "virus"?

Feroze