>first it was a bit hard going but after a few times it was better.
>when I stretch it then after about half a centimeter there's a bit
>resistance but once over it it's normal until the end... maybe it is
>because there is no film in it yet... but it seems to work because the
>numbers on the picture counter move..

The MX film wind-on lever has a stand-off position, whereby the wind
lever only starts winding film and cocking the shutter from this
position. The stand-off position is also used as a facility to keep the
light meter switched on after half-depressing the shutter button to
activate the meter. EG, move the film wind-on lever to stand-off
position, presss the shutter release button gently, and you will feel a
click as the meter locks into the on position. Or leave it in the fully
retracted position and just gently press the shutter release to activate
the meter, switching it off after moving your fingfer off the shutter
release. I think I could have explained that better ;-)

HTH

Cotty

Oh, swipe me! He paints with light!
http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps