> >well, the 50mm is a pentax 1.7 (I own 2 of them now ^_^)
> >and the zoom is a albinar 1.38
> >I don't know whether it's crap or not...
>
> Its optical qualities are probably no better than today's cheap consumer zooms
> (which means "not very good") but I'll bet its mechanical construction is. Stop
> it down to f8-11 and it'll probably be OK.

sorry, another stupid beginner question from me ^_^
what does it mean to stop down? only to use 8 / 11?

oh and it is labeled with zoom zone and macro zone ... does this
have a special meaning?
thanks
Katrin

> I bought a Cosina 20mm f4.0 on eBay for $20.00 and found it to be surprisingly
> sharp once stopped down. Now I keep it in my "mini" kit with the MX, M28/3.5 and
> FA43/1.9 Ltd.
>
> --
> Mark Roberts
> www.robertstech.com
> Photography and writing

Desertrose
Chris' & Katrin's X Japan homepage! Please visit it!
http://www.xjapan.de
>From now on I will try to live for you and for me.
I will live with love...with dreams...
and forever with tears..