Anton wrote:

<The MX is 20 years old +/- all of these cameras will
have rotting foam in the mirror box and around the
back. I know it's an expense but I suggest getting the
camera CLA'd anyway. You should then be okay for
another 20 years. It's worth it, a serviced MX is
lovely to use, particularly with an 85 f1.4 - which
dwarfs the little MX.

I bought a mint- KX recently, a few months later I was
in a shop trying a lens that I was considering
purchasing, using the KX as the test body. When I took
the lens off bits of rotten foam dropped out onto the
counter. The assistant wasn't impressed.

Regards
Anton>

Thanks Anton.  I am going to bring the camera in for a
CLA.  I was just hoping I could put it off for another
month or two so I could go on my trip without any
additional expenses.  Perhaps I could use the ME
Super's meter (which I am bringing too) or a hand held
one for now and just bring the MX in after coming back
from my trip.

Francis