<Just wondering, what focusing screen are you using in
the MX?  Using an
LX screen on an MX can cause meter inaccuracies,
however, 1/30 to 1/250
is a large difference.>

Jose,

I believe this is the split-screen.

<Just a dumb question (but I've made this mistake in
the past so it is
not a
dig on you....)  what film speed is set on each camera
and the
hand-held
meter?>

Christian,

I checked both bodies and the meter and they are all
set to the same ISO - 400.

I'll do some more shooting with both cameras this
weekend and I'll mount them to a tripod to make sure
there are no camera shakes, etc.  I'll also contact a
local (as suggested by a fellow PDML'er) tech about a
CLA.

Thanks.

Francis