Brad Dobo wrote:

which was developed first?
> The real MZ-S as a 35mm SLR or the 'MZ-D' that when abandoned, was converted
> to film?

The MZ-S and MZ-D were introduced at about the same time as two seperate
projects. The MZ-D wasn't converted to film.

>I'm also afraid of my existing lens not working with future DSLRS.

Pentax hasn't changed the lens mount in more than twenty years. And they
would be foolish to do so now, since they would be eliminating a huge
existing market for a DSLR. I don't think anyone should worry about that.

Paul Stenquist
Who will get his DSLR in a couple of years when they start showing up on
ebay for five hundred bucks.