As I remember, Dual Scan II doesn't have ICE while III has Minolta's designed dust removal software. The III also has higher dynamic range which I recommend.

regards,
Alan Chan

Looking for a film scanner for 35mm. How about the Nikon LS-40 and the Minolta Dimage scan Dual II and Dimage dual scan III (the two Minolta scanners cost the same - whats the difference between them?)?
How do these scanners compare to the Nikon LS-4000 (too expensive). Will they give credit for the Epson 2100 (2200 US) printer?
Plan of using the new 3200DPI Epson flatbed scanner for MF.

Choose an Internet access plan right for you -- try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp