on 30.10.02 21:20, Mark Roberts at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If you want to make larger than 8 x 12 inch prints you really need a 4000 dpi
> class scanner (I use the Kodak RFS 3600, which is 3600 dpi and makes beautiful
> 12 x 18 inch prints on my Epson 1270).
That's funny but this Kodak's OEM - reflecta RPS 3600 was included in
mentioned by me ColorFoto test - its real resolution was 2800 dpi - this
mean that scanning with it at 3600 dpi won't give you more details than at
2800 dpi. But such a Coolscan 4000 had real resolution of 3600 dpi. I don't
know why it is this way? Maybe some scanners have CCDs capable of higher
resolutions but their optics simply doesn't match it?

--
Best Regards
Sylwek