Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>It get excellent  reviews and they claim it is better than anything
>available for desktop use even  a few years back. However, what does
>this mean? As a novice in these matters I'm a bit confused. Is this
>scanner good enough to get high quality prints from an Epson 2100 printer?

The Scan Dual III is a 2820 dpi scanner so you probably won't be able to take
advantage of the large print size capability (it's up to 13 x 44 like the
earlier Epsons, IIRC?) but other that that it should be excellent.

If you want to make larger than 8 x 12 inch prints you really need a 4000 dpi
class scanner (I use the Kodak RFS 3600, which is 3600 dpi and makes beautiful
12 x 18 inch prints on my Epson 1270).

>Obviosly I want the best quality possible at the lowest cost possible. I plane
>to use a cheap(?) 35mm film scanner for 35mm and the sucessor to the Epson 2450
>for MF. My main usage will be high(?) quality prints with the 2100.
>Does this makes sense?

As long as you stick to A4 size (or maybe just slightly larger) for prints.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com