Hi Pål

could the new 35mm/digital sibling be a replacement of the MZ-5n/MZ-3. The
MZ-S/MD-S siblings were cameras on the high end (7000 $) the new digital
will be a 1500 $ camera and therefore a mid class model. Therefore I think,
the new film SLR will be a replacement of the MZ-5n,  the midclass model,
which is the oldest camera in the line.

regards
Rüdiger

>Not everybody have been convinced about a new platform for Pentax 35mm slr
and digital slr. However, I gotten the basic fact as stated by Pentax UK
confirmed today from other inside sources. What I cannot get confirmed is
that all future cameras will be built on this chassis as Pentax UK claim. My
source simply didn't know. It makes sense though.
>The story is that a new film SLR, which is supposedly superb and extremely
good looking, has been shown under the table. The specification of this
camera is unknown but it apparently isn't entry level as it is described as
fabulous. The new digital slr is based on this camera. Hence, this is a new
35mm/digital sibling pair just like the MZ-S/MD-S. Note that this camera is
built on a completely new chassis; it is not based on the MZ-S or the lesser
MZ models. Nor does it looks like the MZ-S or the other MZ- models.