In a message dated 11/6/02 11:42:33 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< BTW, I feel its best to shoot portraits at maximum
sharpness and use photoshop techniques to create
a soft lens effect. I create a second layer of the
primary image andad BLUR it heavily. I then adjust
opacity with the underlying image and voila! Soft
lens effect but better than in camera with
a soft lens because it's infinitely adjustable.
JCO >>

Ah, but have you used your erasure tool as the final step. What you describle
makes for very nice portraits but take it another step and they're even
better. Take your erasure tool and just erase the top soft layer around the
eyes, mouth and maybe the ears (or whatever you choose.) The result is an
overall softness with just the eyes and mouth sharp. You'll like it.

Vic