On 23 Nov 2002, Heiko Hamann wrote:
> I've got a 330RS. I don't know if the 230 is still available where you
> live, but in Europe it has been replaced by the 330GS. As the 330GS has

B&H appears to stock the 230, 330GS, and 330RS.

> 3MP I would go for it (it has many improvements, too). You won't see a

It seemed to be a $40 difference between the cheaper 330 and 230. I kind
of figured it was a nobrainer to opt for the 330.

> difference between 2MP and 3MP at 4x6. I didn't make a 5x7 with 2MP, but
> I think, that you will see a difference here between 2MP and 3MP. With
> 3MP 5x7 look fine.

She;s not a photographer, so I doubt even 5x7 will be a common size,
however, who knows since I plan on picking up (finally) a printer for
myself down the line, and she can always print out there or to the local
Ritz's Frontier.

> Regarding the decision between 330RS and 330GS you can't make something
> wrong. The RS is more expensive but it is smaller and offers more
> optional equipment (underwater case etc.). But the 330GS has the same
> (or even better) picture quality and some interesting features (auto-
> bracketing e.g.). Honestly - the GS offers more for its price. But the
> RS might be more attractive...;-)

I didn't realize the RS was smaller, I didnt seem to notice that part.. It
hoguth the only difference was the internal 11mb of memory.

Obvisouly,w hen I'm obsessing over details, I didn't obsess over that
part!

> >I hope this doesn't qualify as buying myself a gift, I swear, I won't
> >touch it for at leas tthree months!
> LOL. Better buy two...

She's not really one fo rpictures, but she's got a little Canon PnS I'd
been threatening to replace. Instead of repalcing it with something that's
not really much better, outside of the Pentax label onit, of course,
perhaps I should get her a digital to better round out the options she has
available to her.

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.