Hi gfen,

on 23 Nov 02 you wrote in pentax.list:

>It seemed to be a $40 difference between the cheaper 330 and 230. I kind
>of figured it was a nobrainer to opt for the 330.

330 without RS? The old 330 lacks the 11MB internal memory and has some
older electronics, i.e. it is slower.

>I didn't realize the RS was smaller, I didnt seem to notice that part.. It
>hoguth the only difference was the internal 11mb of memory.

Both RS and GS are newer models (the GS is the newset one) and have both
11MB internal memory. Only the older 330 and 430 without "RS" have no
internal memory. The GS is the fastest of al Options regarding the time
between the AF has focussed and actual shutter release. It nearly feels
like a normal P&S whereas there is a little delay when using an RS.

I would really go for an actual modell - RS or GS. You can find some
reviews and technical specifications here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/
http://www.imaging-resource.com/DIGCAM05.HTM
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/pentax/optio_330gs-review/index.html

>She's not really one fo rpictures, but she's got a little Canon PnS I'd
>been threatening to replace. Instead of repalcing it with something that's
>not really much better, outside of the Pentax label onit, of course,
>perhaps I should get her a digital to better round out the options she has
>available to her.

For me the Optios are the optimal replacement for a P&S camera. They are
not much more but otoh it doesn't make sense to buy an analog P&S
nowadays, imho.

Regards, Heiko