William Robb wrote:

> I am thinking of going from Win98SE to Windows XP (Pro?? not the
> Home Edition, the one that costs real money). I am running a
> PIII 667 with gobs of RAM and lots of drive space. I have good
> hardware compatability. I am hoping to get better large (over
> 100mb, maybe as large as 250mb) file handling. Is this worth doing?

        ... the definitive answer from the good doctor :

Dear Doctor Science,
People always tell me that their computers make them more productive.
The problem is that they seem to be using all of this extra
productivity getting their computers to work. Now my question is; Why
don't we just hire slave drivers to beat us when we appear to be having
fun?

-- Aaron Buckley  from Champaign, IL

Bill Gates has intercepted this email, and has his R and D gang on it
already. Yes, when he's not mailing out checks for hundreds of
thousands of dollars to people who respond to his chain letters,
Microsoft´s Main Man is trying to take this whole computer revolution
thing to the next level. It will still be Masochism, and it will still
hurt, but this time they'll pay you to waste your time! Then, when
you're not making money watching television, you'll be earning a
healthy wage by downloading time consuming patches to products that
never even made it to beta testing.

        :^)    Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]