On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 06:15  AM, Keith Whaley wrote:

Comment at bottom:

Brad Dobo wrote:
Dan wrote:
Yep. The increase in noise on Usenet has accelerated the growth of mail
lists. Someone, can't remember who, bluntly summed it up as, "Winning
an argument on Usenet is like taking a medal in the Special Olympics.
Even though you've won, you're still retarded."

Dan Scott
That's a little inappropriate here.
Insensitive comments like that are inappropriate anywhere in public.

keith whaley

While I agree that the quote is blunt and insensitive, I don't think it is inappropriate at all (and yes, if you are curious, we do have a deeply loved family member who also happens to be mentally disabled).

Dan Scott