Hi, Mike,

Well, being Canadian, we beat you Americans to the punch - our Thanksgiving is in
early October.  We have turkey, too, and even football (Canadian Football, that
is).  No Pilgrims, though...

Our Thanksgiving isn't nearly as big a deal as it is for you guys, but hell, a long
weekend is always good!

I don't think there's a Canadian equivalent to the Mayflower, but this summer,
while in my "ancestral homeland" of the Magdellan Islands (my first visit), I was
able to trace my family to Canada's first permanent settlement, Port Royal in
what's now Nova Scotia, and it seems we arrived here around 1630.  Blew me away!
Being able to trace your roots to the Mayflower is wonderful.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving.  Too all Americans on the list, Happy Thanksgiving.

cheers,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears
it is true." -J. Robert