Gary F wrote in the following link:

"As De Tienne (2006) explains:
Peirce's elaborate discussion of dicisigns or propositions      (100614-1)
in the Syllabus of 1903 (EP2: 275–85, 294–99) and in ‘New
Elements’ (EP2: 308–24) demonstrates clearly how such
propositions always involve iconic and indexical elements—
. . . "

I am puzzled.

How can a dicisign (or propositions) have an icon as its object ?
According to the 10 classes of signs, there are only 3 dicisigns that
implicate icons -- dicent indexical sinsign, decent indexical legisign,
and decent symbolic legisign.  There is no decent iconic qulaisign, nor
decent iconic sinsign, nor decent iconic legisign, because these violate
the so-called 'Peircean selection rule', according to the quark model of
the Peircean sign.

With all the best.

Sung
Sungchul Ji, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers University
Piscataway, N.J. 08855
732-445-4701