Howard, list,

Peirce said /"there is some one individual of which one or other of two predicates is true"/ ABOUT a specific proposition that he was discussing. So you need to read that specific proposition in order to understand what Peirce meant by "there is some one individual" etc.: "There is some married woman who will commit suicide in case her husband fails in business." which, Peirce finds, turns out to be equivalent to "if every married man fails in business some married woman will commit suicide".

A material implication, a.k.a. conditional proposition, _/de inesse/_, is a non-exclusive disjunction between the negation of the antecedent and the affirmation of the consequent. In other words,

'/p/→/q/' is formally equivalent to '~/p/ or /q/'.

So in my examples I could just have said that 'there is something non-round or blue' is formally equivalent to 'there is something non-round or there is something blue'. But the exposition is less complicated if one simply gets rid of the 'non-'s. In the statement of the general principle, Peirce, too, simplified to a characterization in terms of non-exclusive disjunction. This may have thrown you off.

Now, Peirce discusses the general issue in two places that I've been discussing in previous posts in this or the previous thread:

"Prolegomena to an Apology for Pragmaticism" CP 4 paragraph 569,
the section of the paragraph discussing Figure 210
Direct link to paragraph 569, once there, scroll down a little
http://www.existentialgraphs.com/peirceoneg/prolegomena.htm#Paragraph569

"On an Improvement on the Gamma Graphs" CP 4 paragraph 580,
sentence beginning "Let us assert that there is a man A and a man B...." a little above Figures 222 and 223
Direct link to paragraph 580, then scroll down a little:
http://www.existentialgraphs.com/peirceoneg/improvement_on_the_gamma_Graphs.htm#Paragraph580

Best, Ben