Not enough detail to understand what your beef with it is, Steven. They refer
to some plausible work that argues that information is logically prior to
matter and energy (not temporally on most accounts) and time (or at least
temporal direction). What I have trouble with is the idea that the distinction
between being and not being is forced into existence in a random but
self-organizing way (all possibilities being present – what determines the
possibility space?). It is a commonplace in several mystical traditions I have
studied, but while I think it is mathematically possible (it isn’t
contradictory), I don’t find it satisfying. This is not sufficient reason to
dismiss it, though, I think. Better people than me have found it believable,
but I remain sceptical, perhaps a fault of my understanding. I have no problem
with the model if QM (or something succeeding it that includes all four
fundamental forces) is presumed, which they don’t do. The presumption of
original quantum fluctuations is basically Layzer’s view, with varyingly
complex bubbles distinguished by chance through distinctions (symmetry
breaking) in the quantum field, whatever constitutes it. I have no problem with
that, though I don’t think we know what constitutes the universal quantum field
yet, since we haven’t explained quantum gravity, dark matter or dark energy,
but the process of symmetry breaking and emergence of new forms (like the very
early separation of matter and energy) are fairly well confirmed, and
presumably the preceding processes are similar.

What exactly is your beef?

John