Jeff, lists,

I certainly agree that speculative grammar is important for understanding
information in his mature semiotic theory, and that of course the analysis
of triadic relations must play a big role in that. I am merely lamenting
that, despite the rich analyses of triadic relations that Peirce develops
in his mature theory, he makes no detailed account of the consequences for
information theory based upon those analyses. For instance, and in
particular, how we can update the part of OLEC that Ben quoted, regarding
the classification of inferences as changes in logical quantity--depth,
breadth, and area or information.

-- Franklin