Supplement for Jim: Actually, I dont dislike all -isms. Prisms I like very much, because of the beautiful rainbow colors they make.
Jon, List,
Thank you! I am trying to work it out. Regarding the second link (rel. reduction), I think that I have understood, that the Boolean 0 + 0 = 1 (false plus false is true), like with ordinary numbers -1 * -1 = 1 would be. Now I am trying to dig the meaning of "A", "i", "u", and so on. I will find it, dont help. I have the impression, that in the article the 3-adic sign relation is said to be reducible- that would be astonishing- but again, no need to help me, I try to manage. I think all this is of great help for not stepping into the -ism-trap again. Usualy I dont like -isms either. Just like I dont believe in astrology, but sometimes suspect, that this is so, because I am sagittarius, and sagitariusses are not supersticious.
Best,
Helmut

 "Jon Awbrey" <jawb...@att.net> wrote:

Helmut, List,

The facts about relational reducibility are relatively easy
to understand and I included links to relevant discussions
in my initial posting on relation theory:

• Survey of Relation Theory
( http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/05/16/survey-of-relation-theory-%E2%80%A2-1/ )

The following article discusses relational reducibility and
irreducibility in general terms and gives concrete examples
of reducible and irreducible triadic relations of the sort
we find in mathematics and semiotics, illustrating the two
types of reducibility that usually come up in discussions
of the sort that most concern us here:

• Relation Reduction
( http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Relation_reduction )

These examples were introduced in the other articles on
triadic relations and sign relations and I believe that
one could learn a lot from their careful consideration:

• Triadic Relations
( http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Triadic_relation )

• Sign Relations
( http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Sign_relation )

Regards,

Jon

--

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey
my word press blog: http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/

PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to peirce-L@list.iupui.edu . To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to l...@list.iupui.edu with the line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .