being involved the mix.  Still, it is good to recognize it when it occurs.

Regards,

Jon

On 7/6/2015 5:41 AM, Helmut Raulien wrote:
*Gesendet:* Sonntag, 05. Juli 2015 um 23:13 Uhr
*Von:* "Helmut Raulien" <h.raul...@gmx.de>
*An:* jawb...@att.net
*Cc:* "Peirce List" <peirce-l@list.iupui.edu>
*Betreff:* Aw: [PEIRCE-L] Re: Survey of Relation Theory • 1
Dear Jon, List,
Thank you! What I was having in mind by the term "sign relation", was the
individual or elementary sign relation. All this is very interesting, and I wish
I was a youth again, and still could decide what to study: Maybe mathematics?
But I am not dead yet, and may be able of catching up a bit, but it will take
time. Surely, in a couple of rather weeks than days, I will bother you with
another question. I hope you All have had a good Independence Day! As a
non-American I am envious, eg. of the right to pursue happiness. Not, that in
other nations people are being denied this right, but as a part of a
constitution it is well estimated as a sign, and we know, that signs do
something. I am thinking about the question: Is a triadic relation irreducible,
if the three sets are classes? I think, that "representamens", "objects", and
"dyadic relations between them" are classes. But I am still pondering about the
interpretant, whether "interpretants" is a class, because: An interpretant is
likely to be a representamen again. And: Is an interpretant an element of a
relation? I think, it is not. It can change a relation (habit), but not
necessarily does: In contradiction to Sheldrake I think, that natural laws are
not changed by physical effects (I think that in inanimate realm "interpretant"
is "effect"). Well, all this is just an anticipation. I dont have a question
now, but later. Until then, all the best,
Helmut
Supplement: Sorry, the semiotic part of the above post was nonsense. I always
lose a track again I have already found. The question that possibly may arise
later, is, whether the Peircean "irreducibility" is the same as projective
irreducibility.

--

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey
my word press blog: http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/