Stephen J,

What is the mechanism of DNA entanglement ?
Without any realistic mechanism to go with it, wouldn't it be just a name ?

Sung

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Stephen Jarosek <sjaro...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> List,
>
> The more that I think about DNA entanglement, the more I am of the opinion
> that it needs to be factored into the semiotic narrative. Because we do not
> have all the facts, we should do so in a way that keeps open the option for
> expanding our narrative to include nonlocal phenomena (such as DNA
> entanglement).
>
> The established narrative on DNA theory, based as it is in the information
> technology (infotech) metaphor that compares the brain to a computer, is
> fundamentally flawed. It is flawed for a number of reasons, but the most
> obvious one is that for all this purported data “software” in the DNA,
> there is nothing resembling a computer to process it. If the mainstream
> life-science community is to persist with this infotech narrative, then
> they need to be consistent. But how can they remain consistent if, in
> violation of the principles of complexity and the laws of thermodynamics
> (entropy), it is impossible for anything resembling a computer to occur in
> nature?
>
> Thus, what we are left with at the heart of any cell, is DNA molecules...
> with no evidence of any infotech mechanism that might process the “data”.
> SHOW US THE COMPUTER! NO COMPUTER, NO DNA INFOTECH (and no genocentric
> paradigm). It’s that simple. This topic should be of interest to us in
> semiotics, because ultimately, I suggest, the principles on which DNA
> function are semiotic in character.
>
> In their experiment testing for the possibility of non-local correlations
> between separated neural networks, Pizzi et al (2004) conclude that “after
> an initial stage where the system interacts by direct contact, also in the
> following stage where the system has been separated into two sections, a
> sort of correlation persists between sections. This is what , at a
> macroscopic level, we verify in our experiment: it seems that neurons
> utilize the quantum information to synchronize.”
>

> *Given what we know of entanglement between particles, the only way in
> which correlations between separated neural networks can occur is via the
> DNA molecules within the neurons .*Other similar experiments in
> biophysics arrive at similar or analogous conclusions. And the most common
> question raised among researchers in quantum biology, including Pizzi et al
> above, is along the lines of... how do mechanisms within the cell utilize
> entanglement? I would suggest that they have their reasoning back-to-front.
> *It
> is not the mechanisms that utilize entanglement, but entanglement that is
> the source for the mechanisms, properties and predispositions*. And this
> reframes the problem as one that relates principally to semiotics.
>
> As a tentative description for how this might relate to semiotics, here’s
> one of my conjectures: Entanglement between DNA molecules, I suggest,
> enables the body's cells to access the shared mind-body condition, to be
> [...]

Sungchul Ji, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers University
Piscataway, N.J. 08855
732-445-4701