Gary F.,

That was a wonderful explanation! From here on out I'm gonna hold to the standard you followed:

Secondness refers to the category or mode.

Second (capital S) is the referent which is in the mode of Secondness because of its relation to a relata (but no other relata).

second (small s) refers to the relata from above.

Matt