Hi Kirsti, Clark:

From the exchange:
>> Mathematical dimensionality, in its traditional form bridges plane and
>> solid geometry - 1,2,3,..,N.
>> Did CSP ever use traditional mathematical dimensionality in describing
>> logic?

> No, CSP did not use traditional mathematical divisions into plane and solid
> geometry, except as something to criticize.

Most modern logicians operate off of first order logical premise which roughly
translate that logic is an algebra and algebra is a logic.  Universality of
meaning is, somehow or other, exchanged between algebraic symbols (signs) and
logical symbols (signs).
Do you believe this is possible?

Do you find a method, a way, a path, a plausible conjecture that creates a
bridge between algebra and logic?
Many scholars (in many different fields)  just assume that such a bridge
exists, including CSP himself.

No such bridge is known in chemistry, as far as I am aware.

Of course, I agree with your assertion that

> Whithin the realm of topology any plane or solid may be folded, streched and
> shrunk (ect) ad infinitum. But without breaking the continuity of operations.
> Thus a coffeecup and a doughnut appear as parts of SAME (as a process).

(Although I would modify it slightly.)

One logical consequence of the chemical symbol system is that atoms have
volumes (Van der Waal’s constants in thermodynamics.)
No generalized “folding, stretching, and shrinking” of these chemical symbols.
Nor of chemical bonds.

Chemical symbols represent a special form of logical constants that are subject
to logical operations of other logical constants under the constraints of
electrical attractors and repellers.  That is what atomism is all about today.

One of the conundrum that CSP’s logic (including his diagrams) brings to my
mind is that the role of numbers is obscure and vague.  How does anyone do
science without numbers?

Or, am I missing the point?

Of course, to introduce numbers into his logic would effectively modify his
notions about the role of continuity in logic and his view of the nature of
chemical radicals.

Tarski’s approach avoids this conundrum. See M. Malatesta, Primary Logic, 1997,
Gracewing, for a detailed discussion of the history of logical forms, logical
notations and Tarski’s linguistic consequences.

Clark:

These is a vast literature computational chemistry and it role in both
stationary and transitional states.  In fact my son had a paper in Science on
such computations for the catalyst by gold of Carbon monoxide oxidation. Very
sophisticated programs with beautiful graphics for showing molecular biological
bindings are commercially available.

Cheers

Jerry